Position: Assistant to Chief Education Officer (part-time)
Location: Stamford, CT
Domus is a nonprofit social services organization that operates educational, residential, and community programs, including a group of public charter/turnaround schools in Stamford and New Haven, CT, designed to work with each city’s most academically and socially struggling students. Our educational mission is to successfully transition our students to the next stage of their education. Domus runs two middle schools and one high school. For more information, please visit us online at www.domuskids.org.
Domus is committed to equal employment opportunity, and we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for open positions. Domus does not discriminate against applicants based on race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, physical or mental handicap, or disability or veteran status.
About the position:
The Assistant to the Chief Education Officer provides administrative and project support to the Chief Education Officer who oversees all Domus education programs. This is a part-time position with the following schedule: M/W/F – 11:30 am – 3:30 pm, T/TH – 8 am – 12 pm, some additional hours occasionally as needed.
Domus is seeking a highly motivated and organized professional who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with minimal supervision. The Assistant position is an excellent opportunity to learn about urban education and school administration and impact hundreds of the region’s most vulnerable youth.
- Manage and maintain calendars for Chief Education Officer and School Leadership Team including meetings, conferences and events
- Manage correspondence for Chief Education Officer including email communication
- Assist with financial processes such as expense approvals and reimbursement requests
- Respond to phone calls, inquiries and requests
- Meet and greet visitors
- Prepare agendas and minutes for School Leadership meetings
- Develop organizational and tracking systems
- Represent Chief Education Officer in meetings as appropriate
- Occasional travel to school locations
- Special projects as assigned
Required Core Competencies include:
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills
- Ability to produce consistent high-quality results under deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Highly proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical-thinking, and strategic planning skills
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take initiative
- Commitment to the mission and core principles of Domus including the Sanctuary model of trauma-informed care
- Driver’s license
Educational Background and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working in an organization that provides educational services to youth
- Experience in providing administrative support
This is a part-time, non-exempt position. Anticipated rate of pay will be between $12-$17/hour depending on education and experience. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Send a letter of interest and resume to Craig Baker at email@example.com by August 30, 2017.
Trackback from your site.